FAQs & Schedules
Please read through the appropriate section of frequently asked questions below. If your question is not answered below, we'd love to hear from you. Please direct all general inquiries to: .
The Box office and gate schedule is posted below. Detailed schedules for music and workshops will be available in program guides distributed on-site and posted online closer to the event.
- Where does the event take place? Tidewater Falls is located about 30 miles inland of the Oregon Coast near the town of Tidewater, OR. Driving there takes ~2.5 hours from Portland or Eugene, ~3.5 hours from Bend or Hood River, ~5.5 hours from Ashland or Seattle and ~10.5 hours from SF or Vancouver, BC. Precise driving directions will be posted closer to the event.
- Will we have to schlep our gear far to our campsites? No. Over the five years we have hosted the event at Tidewater Falls, we have learned a lot about how best to hold the event there. Stay tuned for detailed descriptions of our new plans for parking and entry. We have made staffing and logistical plans to make 2013 the smoothest entry year yet. You'll have the option to park in the lot nearest to your preferred camp ground.
- When can we arrive? when do we have to leave?
The Gates open at 10:00 AM on Thursday, August 8th. Please do not arrive before this time. No arrivals will be permitted after when the gates close. Please do not plan to arrive at any time that the gates are closed on any day of the festival. Please review the Box Office/Gate Schedule posted below.
If you need to get close to the site when the gates are not open, there are campgrounds and hotels nearby. All vehicles and people must leave the venue by Monday, August 12th, at 2:00 PM. Please review the gate schedule, and plan to arrive during the hours that it is open. Vehicles and patrons that arrive when the gates are closed will not be permitted onsite until the gate opens the following day.
- What is your re-entry policy? To ease pressure on our admissions and parking staff, we ask that you plan to leave your car parked for the entire time you are at the festival. You will be permitted to walk to your car and retrieve anything you need throughout the festival. No ins and outs will be permitted.
- Will you post a downloadable event schedule? Program guides, including complete music, workshop and performance schedules will be distributed to all ticket buyers. Music and Workshop schedules will also be available for online viewing closer to the event.
- Do you offer work-trade or scholarships? Why is it so expensive if it's a spiritual event?
Close to 200 work-trade positions are available. Please visit our volunteer page to apply now.
In the world we are working to create, everyone has the resources they need to thrive and exchange for event entry is based on what you are able to offer. However, there are substantial costs connected to an undertaking of this scope and scale. To offer a production of the quality we are committed to is extremely expensive. We have chosen a number of tickets to sell based on a comfortable carrying capacity for the land and on our desire to keep the event intimate. We have priced these tickets as low as we are able in order to make the festival financially sustainable. We're doing the best we can. Promise.
- What types of vendors will be on hand? Food vendors will be many and varied. We are carefully curating a selection of healthy whole food providers. All food vendors will strive to use organic ingredients and reusable serving materials. We will also be curating a craft vending village that offers devotional/ ceremonial goods including but not limited to: nourishing food, jun, chocolate, crystals, jewelry, statuary, incense, artwork and clothing. Please visit our vending page if you wish to vend or for more details.
- Will there be loud music late at night? Yes. Music on Friday will end at a reasonable hour and Saturday night will feature an all-night dance ritual in which everyone is encouraged to participate. The all-night dance ritual is perhaps the oldest tradition in sacred music. We will continue to unabashedly support our culture's newest expression of this legacy. See the sacred music section of the vision page to understand our position that global electronic dance music is one of the great sacred musics of the world. Though we hope that all participants will try to take part in Saturday's all-night ritual, we know that it's not for everyone. "Quiet camping" will be available.
- Is there anything else I should know? Beloved is a unique festival and camping experience. Please take the time to thoroughly read through the pages of the Festival Guide so that you know what to expect and what we expect of you.
- What about children? Children 12 and under are free. Discounted tickets may be purchased for children between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Will tickets be available for purchase at the festival gates? No. The event will be Soul'd Out well in advance.
- Can I get a one-day pass? Due to the need to carefully monitor capacity at the venue, we are not able to offer one-day passes at this time.
- I bought a ticket and cannot attend. can I get a refund? can I transfer it to someone I gift/sell it to? While we don't offer refunds or credits for future years, we do encourage you to sell or gift the tickets. Our tickets are barcoded for scan/validation on-site, so they're each good for one use regardless of who paid for them in our system or the name printed on them. You do not need to transfer the ticket into another person's name unless the ticket was arranged for will call pickup.
- What happens if it rains or an act gets cancelled or rescheduled? Beloved will occur rain or shine and all acts and schedules are subject to change without notice. In the unlikely case that the event is canceled, the ticket price will be refunded (minus service fees). In the event of cancellation or postponement, an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address provided by you in the ordering process to notify you of the event status.
- Will we have to schlep our gear far to our campsites? No. In the five years we have hosted this event at Tidewater Falls, we have learned a lot about how best to hold the event there, event ingress and egress will continue to get smoother and easier each year.
- Will there be enough shaded camping for everyone? Yes. Tidewater Falls has greatly expanded the amount of incredible camping for 2013. There will be plenty of room for everyone.
- What amenities will you be providing at the campgrounds? There will be water faucets, medical staff, portable toilets, hand-wash stations, and much more. There will also be pay-per-use showers courtesy of "The Oasis."
- What emergency services will be available on site? Our medical station will be open 24-hours throughout the event.
- Is there anything that we cannot bring onto the site? Do not bring dogs, weapons, or items to vend (unless you are a registered vendor).
- Will there be quiet camping? Yes. There will be quiet camping and the amount of quiet camping has been greatly expanded from previous years.
- Will there be ice available for sale? Yes. Ice will be available for sale at the info booth.
- Can I bring my RV? what constitutes an "RV"? No. An RV is defined as any vehicle larger either in length, width or height than a normal sixteen passenger van. All oversized vehicles, trailers, and campers that are towed and busses are considered RVs. Striving to minimize the ecological impact of the festival, we are not able to allow RVs at this time.
- Can I camp by or in my vehicle in the parking lot? There will be camping available close to your vehicle. There are separate areas for parking and camping, allowing you to experience life in a car-free forested setting.
- Will there be an information booth/area? Yes, please check the map upon arrival for exact location of the Information Booth near the dance-floor and village.
- Will there be first aid on site? Yes, please check the map upon arrival for the exact location of the First Aid/Medical Station.
- How much is water? Clean drinking water is free. There will be water refill stations for you to refill your own containers. Reusable water bottles will be available for purchase on-site
- Will my cell phone work on the site? will there be pay phones? No.
- Will there be showers? Hot showers will be available on-site for a small fee as part of the Oasis: Community Bathhouse.
Gate and Box Office open at 10:00AM and closes at 11:59PM
Friday, August 9th
Gate and Box Office open at 10:00AM and closes at 11:59PM
Saturday, August 10th
Gate and Box Office open at 10:00AM and closes at 10:00PM
Sunday, August 11th
Gate and Box Office open at 11:00AM and closes at 4:00PM
- Tent & Stakes
- Bed Sheet
- Sleeping Pad or Air Mattress
- Sleeping Bag or Blanket(s)
- Daytime Clothes - Be prepared for temperatures as high as the low '90s
- Nighttime Clothes - Festive or ceremonial gear or come as you are, temp as low as low '50s
- Rain Gear
- Undies & Socks
- Sun Hat
- Warm Hat
- Sun Glasses
- Shoes & Sandals
- Food Altar Offering(s)
- Prayer Flags or Ties
- Decorative Items, Cloth, Flowers (for offerings/gifts or personal altars)
- Sage, Palo Santo, Rose water or Bells for clearing and smudging
- Bath towel
- Glasses & Contact stuff
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Hair brush, comb, hair bands
- Prescription Medications
- Personal First-Aid Kit
- Sun Block
- Bug Spray
- Feminine Hygiene items
- Sleeper's Earplugs (silicone)
- Sleep Mask
- Dancer's earplugs (foam)
Personal Beverages & Food
- Water Bottle(s)
- Electrolytic Beverage Mix
- Travel Mug
- Reusable plate, bowl & utensils
- Caffeinated Beverages (for the drive home)
- Directions to the Venue
- Journal Notebook & Pens
- Traveler's Sewing Kit
- Small Backpack/Day Pack
- Swiss Army Knife
- Mat or Towel for Yoga, etc.
- Firearms, explosives, or fireworks
- Resistance to Change
- Unwillingness to have sense of humor and make fun of yourself
- Hair Dryers